Prospecting for new business opportunities and offering the full range of Banking products and services for Government & Institutional Banking. This includes engaging in activities such as:
- Preparing Call reports with recommendations and submitting for consideration to approvers;
- Mobilizing float and time deposits and growing the Bank’s Deposit Base in line with Government & Institutional Banking targets
- Growth of quality assets, NFI and Channels
- Providing feedback to the client on the outcome of their request and providing other solutions which could be beneficial to them in the long run; and
- Processing and concluding transactions in a timely manner.
- Identifying and developing new business relationships with potential Government & Institutional Banking clients in order to achieve the bank’s liability objectives.
- Making regular client visits to review business requirements, assessing assets under securities held or offered and submitting call reports;
- Processing ad-hoc/additional/new requests/excesses under allotted portfolio and obtaining approvals where/when required
- Cross selling the Bank’s products.
- Making regular customer meetings and visits to build and grow the relationship;
- Developing and rolling out new products and customer value propositions for Institutional Banking customers
- Ensuring that there are increased earnings, and utilization of all bank products through the development of appropriate value chains
- Processing client’s requests and concluding transactions in a timely manner hence managing set turn-around-time (TAT);
- Prepare regular and month-end business report detailing performance results as and when they are required
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- The RM in their course of work, make regular client visits to review business requirements, assessing assets and securities held or offered and obtaining related financial documents to be able to put forward any borrowing requests from clients and making recommendations for consideration by approving authorities;
- The RM is charged with conducting reviews and renewals of existing portfolio managed relationships for Banking Facilities and any banking service requirements and making recommendations for consideration by approving authorities;
- Processing ad-hoc/additional/new requests/excesses under managed portfolio and making recommendations for consideration by approving authoritieS
- University degree with minimum of Second-Class Honors, lower Division
- Previous work experience is an added advantage
- KCSE C+ with Maths – C+ and English – C+
- Good exposure in dealing with government and private institutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent Business Presentation skills;
- Good financial analysis skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Knowledgeable in credit, legal (conveyancing) and lending knowledge;
- Knowledge of banking processes and Banking Law;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Banking Act, CBK prudential guidelines and credit policies;
- Strong negotiation and networking skills;
- Good performance track record in business development
- Strong innovative and creative thinking skills;
How to apply:
Please fill in the application form below.