The Job holder will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining pro-actively a portfolio of corporate customers who require routine as well as complex structured trade finance and other Corporate services in order to generate revenue for the Bank. He/she will also be expected to manage corporate relationship professionally under the broad guidance and direction from the Head – Corporate & Trade Finance Business whilst adhering to policies and maintaining credit responsibility and accountability as well as for marketing new business and enhancing productivity of existing portfolio by selling / cross-selling Corporate products and services to corporate clients.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Grow the Bank’s revenues from both new and existing clients by enhancing transactional, trade and foreign exchange volumes., while managing costs to enhance profitability
- Identify potential new business opportunities and consistently generate innovative ideas for implementing new business opportunities to open corporate accounts and grow the liability book
- Develop an intimate understanding of the clients’ industry and business by analyzing their management practices, judgment of various influential decision makers, market conditions affecting the longterm viability of the business and industry sector, and effectively use this knowledge to continually cross sell the bank’s products to ensure maximization of the customer wallet share
- Carry out and document regular client visits
- Work closely with the Head – Corporate & Trade Finance Business, Credit Managers and Analysts to initiate business deal proposals for new facilities or facility modifications that require assessment of credit, and provide insightful information regarding business strength and vulnerabilities
- Proactively identify potential problem accounts and formulate appropriate mitigating strategies.
- Act as single point of accountability for corporate clients and consistently deliver high quality service to all internal & external customers, while maintaining confidentially of customer information at all times.
- Coach the associate relationship manager/credit analyst in all aspects of the role and ensure open team communication
- Ensure 100% compliance to KYC and AML policies and account opening procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- 3 -5 years’ experience in relationship management or related relevant experience
- Banking experience, preferably within Corporate or Commercial Banking.
- Experience in a sales /customer service environment will be an added advantage
- Strong negotiation, persuasion & presentation skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written)
- Customer oriented & team player
- Demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards
How to apply:
Please fill in the application form below.