Reporting to the Head – Corporate & Trade Finance Business, the position will be responsible for the implementation of the Trade Finance strategy, growth of Trade Finance incomes and business volumes through strategically targeting government agencies and large SMES in trade finance space as well as mining of prospective customers existing in the Bank. He/ she will be expected to ensure high level of customer satisfaction and compliance to internal procedures and operational controls.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- To implement the Trade Finance strategy in line with the overall Bank’s Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive the growth of Trade Finance incomes, business volumes and manage assigned portfolio from the process of deal origination, structuring and credit approval to contracting and placement to ensure that the process is finalized within optimal time.
- Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans covering all aspects of International Trade Finance.
- Provide expert Advisory services on Trade Finance products, services, solutions and transactions to Clients, Sales and Colleagues and all other relevant stakeholders.
- Build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers/ suppliers/ line manager/ stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the portfolio.
- Prospect for new to bank clients in conjunction with Head – Corporate & Trade Finance Business and other Relationship Managers and offer innovative and customized solutions.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Provide leadership to assigned direct reports and continuously develop a high performing team.
- Develop, implement and manage a range of innovative Trade Finance products and solutions so as to meet customer requirements and achieve business objectives.
- Enhance the uptake of Sidian’s Trade Finance products and services by existing and new clients by providing technical product expertise and conducting joint calls in partnership with other relevant business units in the bank.
- Track customer and competitor activity; analyze relevant market and industry data to identify opportunities for innovation and business growth.
- Ensure timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- University Degree preferably in a Business-related field from an Institution recognized by Commission of Higher Education.
- A Master’s degree or professional qualifications in a relevant field preferably CPA/ ACCA / AKIB or Trade Finance certification will be an added advantage.
- Have at least 3 years’ management experience in Trade Finance with below responsibilities: –
- Structured Trade Finance
- Trade Finance Operations
- Sales; Experience in deal origination and execution
- Relationship Management and Customer Service
- Financial Analysis and Business Performance Management
- Product development
- Credit Management
- Thorough knowledge of Trade Finance Products & Services with extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Deep understanding of Trade Finance Instruments
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures
How to apply:
Please fill in the application form below.